What is arcing?
Electrical arcing is when electricity jumps from one connection to another. This flash of electricity can reach temperatures up to 19,426 degrees celsius. If you hear a buzzing sound from your light switches or socket outlet, arcing may be taking place. Please be aware of this as arcing can cause a fire in your home.
Do Not Worry :)
Can Near products cause Arcing?
All electrical products can cause arcing. So far, Near has 0 cases of arcing incidents. The reason for this article is for the benefit of your knowledge in electrical safety.
Here's a list of common problems that can cause electrical arcing:
- Plugs that are loose in the outlets.
- Make sure that your plugs are inserted completely.
- Damaged socket outlets.
- A dead outlet means there’s something wrong with the outlet itself or the connection has been broken. Either condition can cause electrical arcing.
How to prevent arcing?
- Make sure to hire licensed electricians if in doubt.
- When installing the Near LightStrip, ensure that the 6 pin connectors are securely fastened to the LightStrip.
- Ensure that the 3M tape sits within the connector securely to avoid slippage.